Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Shapes


Winter Solstice Festival was like 3 days ago, on 21st Dec. It feels alil weird that I am not at home this year.

I used to be up in the morning helping mum making 'tang yuen'. Mum and I would compete with each other, who would roll the glutinous rice dough the fastest. Mum's is always smaller and rounder, looks more presentable too. Once the 'tang yuen' is ready, we prepare for the prayers.

This was one of my favourite celebration.

One - yummy tang yuen (with PEANUTS, sometimes) fillings
Two - fooood (especially steamed chicken and homemade tumbuk-chilli)
Three - family dinner at home

Earlier today, I made 'tang yuen' soup with sugar, ginger and vanilla essence. I think the soup turn out rather yummy. Or I was just feeling hungry. Or I was bias. The shape of the 'tang yuen' was, not round. LOL. Its always about the taste and not the outlook right?

Half of the 'tang yuen' fillings was Nutella. If only there's nuts for the fillings.

Why was it so late for me to only have the chance to eat tong yuen today ? No reason really.

------- Probably a turkey dish 3 days later (after Xmas). LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment