Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Garlic

An extra taste I love to add when I am eating rice; a new eating habit I took in recently.

During dinner, dad and mum usually would put garlic and chilli and mix them with soysauce in the sauce plate. Dad would usually offer but I would decline.



At a bak kut teh lunch with colleagues, my eyebrow cringed as I saw Terry mixing some garlic, chilli and thick soysauce in her rice. Being curious & confused, I asked her why is she doing that. LoL. Terry said I should give it a try . Its gonna taste REALLY good.

Alil reluctant (with face expression showing) to try at first but Terry was so convincing. There and then, my rice eating habits have changed.

If there's garlic and/or chilli, my ritual are as below:-
1. Mix garlic, chilli and soysauce in the sauce plate
2. Pour mixture in my rice
3. Stir and ensure they're segregated well

Though the above ritual is recommended for bak kut teh , I do it every time anyway for my meals with rice :P

Even today when I was heating up rice, I decided to fry garlic and onion with it. Taste super good!  Schmeckt lecker!

No comments:

Post a Comment