Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

MidAutumn guilt

Its the Mid-autumn festival last Saturday where everyone "should" be at home with their loved ones celebrating it.

Playing lanterns, burning them in between.

Lighting up candles and arranging them nicely and again, maybe burn down our own house by accident.

Gulping down all sorts of mooncakes with different flavors under the big shiny moonlight.

Throwing oranges with our numbers tied onto it into the river, sea or longkang hoping our prince charming will take it and give us a call. Lolx.


Its one of the rare days when mum would call me out of nowhere and the sudden guilt hit me cos I havent been calling home or spend time at home during this festives period. You can actually hear her sighing behind the phone and the sigh actually sounded like this. "How i wish Ah Ling was home now. The family and atmosphere would be complete then, haiz".

I feel bad everytime I go home cos there is always a BIG happy smiley faces of mum and dad welcoming me home n how relieved they are whenever they see me. Dad missed me so much that he doesnt nag me nowadays. Mum miss me till she say yes to any demand I ask for, I think.

Therefore I want to spend time at home during the 3 weeks of study breaks I will have. I am not a homey type of person. After 2 weeks of rotting, I will start complaining and find things to do. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment