Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

SMS workshop


Few weeks back, I was requested to help facilitate a workshop with 7 other people. Thinking it would be interesting to faci high school students, I took up the offer anyway since it would be a good and new learning experience. Initially I had no idea what this workshop is all about and where it was. Then the details came in. It will be in Taiping in a school called (look at the picture below) with the title "Preparation for Interview."

Where is the school situated? Opposite Taiping Zoo! Lolx. I am serious!

SMS has a concept similar to boarding school and everyone studies in Science. The crowd was very warm and enthusiastic. Semangat! =))
This bunch of kids were lucky to have talks like this before-hand. At least they know what to expect after SPM and prevent themselves from the not-to-do´s and start preparing themselves. Me? I just went according to the flow but tried to go along my dream.

First half of the day, we were free. Nothing much to help out cos it is Puan Jun´s session to enlighten them about everything they should know about interviews.

Lucky me, I had Mich and Yee Leng with me to keep me entertained. Lmao. So off we went to sibuk² around the school. The school was quite pretty with ponds, fishies, mini domestic zoo and kitties!! =P


Isnt the cute lil kitty so adorableeee??
I found the kitty hideout btw. Lol.

I was imitating some cat sounds and go "meow! Roar!" with the hello lucky cat hand gestures. It scared the cat away. Errrr, I duno what the purring meant. Rofl.

Oh oh, the hairy-leg rooster and the white rabbit below! So so cutee!! ^^


Next stop? Taiping Zoo! But we made a detour to the playground and fight with the kids to play this. Lmao.



Pitstop for an ice-cream break. Haha. Where Mich almost got eaten by the tigger that ran away from Taiping Zoo. I wander if we will get rewarded for returning the tigger back to the zoo. We will always remember your sacrifice Mich!!! =P



To proof that we were at Taiping Zoo, we took lots of pictures!! Be prepared!!





Hahaha. You´re convinced right? Hahaha. Of course we were there. We even sat on this. =P



After a long hot walk at the Zoo, we had to go back to reality to do what we were supposed to do. Facilitate! But we took an "adventure" down the tunnel instead. Oooooo. "sampat"



There was sharing session allocated where all the facis would share their experience and advices to the kids. Basically the objective of this sharing session is to enlighten them about what´s next after spm, what-to-do´s after SPM, motivating them to university and start planning their career route. Ooo, serious stuff. They seem excited when it was my turn to speak. Rofl. In between my hands were shaking while holding the mike and I told them jokingly to not do what I just did cos it is just too obvious that I am nervous. LOLx.

During the mock interview session, the facis were separated into classes and started the group discussion where they will be given a topic to talk about. Feedback will be given after the discussion ended. Individual interview was done also and I have to say some of them were just too shy and humble about their language proficiency. Motivation was given so that they will realise how good they were actually are and how they can further improve. Sometimes, people dont realise how good they are and they need to know about it. ^^

Overall, the whole workshop turned out good. They are motivated. Thumbs up to all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment